Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

OMGLEE!


Yesterday was the most perfect day of my life.  Not only was the Born This Way episode AHmazing (yay for Kurt being back at McKinley!), but while in New York on a business trip, my manager Cara and I stumbled upon...wait for it... the filming of a Finchel scene in Central Park!  (There aren't enough exclamation points in the world to adequately capture my excitement in text form.)  

Okay, okay, when I say “stumbled upon,” I mean hunted down with the intensity of a starving python going after a three-legged rabbit, but that’s beside the point.

Monday night, I saw online that the Glee crew was in NYC this week filming scenes for the season finale trip to Nationals.  I couldn’t believe my luck!  My manager Cara and I had had a business trip to NYC on Tuesday planned for months now!  I bounced off the walls for a bit, picturing myself running into Darren Criss or Chris Colfer, waving at Lea Michele, or gawking at Cory Monteith.  Then I forced myself to calm down because nothing like that ever happens to me, and I knew I would go to bed the next night utter disappointed at my lack of Glee sightings.  So when I mentioned Glee was filming in the city to Cara as we walked out of Penn Station, I never expected her to say, “Well, let’s find them!”  OMGLEE!!!  With the help of Twitter, we discovered that they were filming in Central Park.  My feet couldn’t move fast enough. 

Once in Central Park and after not too much meandering, we walked up a little hill and saw the trailers. My. Heart. Stopped. Barricades blocked a group of fans patiently waiting for a sighting of their favorite Gleek.  


We watched production crew fuss over wardrobe options, go in and out of trailers, and walk around with walketalkies.  

Wardrobe!

After Cara and I walked a little ways along the path alongside the trailers, we had our first sightings: Dianne Argon (Quinn) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike).  Walking out of their trailers. I was almost hyperventilating.  I was definitely shaking.

Cara asked if I wanted to hang out by the trailers longer to see who else we could spot, maybe get an autograph.  Ashamed that I had nothing on me but my body to be signed if the opportunity presented itself, I suggested that we check out another group of trailers we passes when we first walked up the hill. We were walking around a curve when a girl a few years younger than me stopped us by saying they were filming a scene and needed us to wait a couple minutes before we could continue down the path, or risk being in “the shot.”  OMGLEE!  What did we stumble upon??!?!?

Friendly Production Crew


After about five minutes, they let us (and the small crowd that had formed behind us) through.  Rounding the bend, we saw two film crews set up on the path and on the little bridge connecting this side of the path to the bank on the other side of a pond.  On the bridge was none other but Lea Michele (Rachel) and Cory Monteith (Finn).  I DIED.

Lea is in the middle with the green dress.  She's sitting next to Cory.


She was sitting on the side of the bridge in a green dress, mostly playing with her cell phone.  She was so tiny!  Cory was wearing a suit and holding a bouquet of flowers.  He was so tall!  Towering over everyone else. They were filming a very simple scene: he turns and sees her on the bridge.  We stood right behind the group of cameramen on the path and watched them do take after take for about forty minutes, eventually sitting next to a group of extras taking it easy on nearby benches.  My favorite part was when Cara suddenly said of Lea, “She’s looking over here.  She’s smiling!”

Camera guy.  Right. In. Front. Of. Us.


She's looking this way!

Just the thought that Lea Michele looked over at us and smiled?  I had no words.  Just incoherent sounds.

Being a diehard Finchel fan, I want to jump to conclusions about what this scene could mean.  I’ve been rooting for them to get back together since before Christmas.  Could this be it?  The much anticipated reunion? He was holding flowers; could they be for her?  My fingers are crossed and I can’t wait to see the season finale. One thing’s for sure, when that scene airs, I’m going to be screaming at my TV that I was there, that I saw them film it. I still can’t believe we saw them!

As if the day could get any better, after our author meeting (what we were really in NYC for), we found a vegan chocolate boutique called Cocoa V.  The chocolate was decadent and delicious (though pricey!).  I ate a vegan dark chocolate butterfinger bar and some amazing peanut butter cups.  While we were in the store, the Doors’ Hello, I Love You played over the speaker.  You know, the song that Finn sang in season one?  It was like the universe was perfectly aligned for me for just one day. 






1 comment:

  1. I just read this again and it so made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete